Thursday, April 26, 2012

Retro Thursdays - An 80s and 90s thing

My residency at the Hard Rock Cafe in Oslo has recently decided to expand and include a specialty night where we play the best of the 80's and 90's music.  




Many of grow up listening to 80's and 90's music.  Some of use were lucky to have been old enough to go clubbing during this time.  The music of the day, depending on the club you went to, would have been playing tracks from Robin S, Ce Ce Peniston, Haddaway, or Bel Biv Devoe, Michael Jackson, The Cure, and Blondie.  These songs with their catchy hooks and pioneering sounds helped paved the way to what we currently hear on the radio or Internet.  

Since I've been mixing for Radio 107.5 in Sweden and Radio Vitosha in Bulgaria, I've had the pleasure of mixing these genres for the listeners for a few years now.  It is an absolute pleasure to work with this genre.  At time I may get creative and make a special bootleg of songs in this era to keep things interesting but for the most part people just want to hear what they remember and enjoyed.  

I look forward to bringing back many of these sounds and spirit on Thursday.  


Here are a few sample mixes and bootlegs from this era.  Enjoy!!


2 comments:

  1. About two months ago, my best friend introduced me to Palm Beach broadcasting’s 97.9 WRMF and that has been my # 1 radio station ever since. I’m always locked on 97.9 WRMF for the best variety of 80’s, 90’s and today’s music. Check them out www.wrmf.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About two months ago, my best friend introduced me to Palm Beach broadcasting’s 97.9 WRMF and that has been my # 1 radio station ever since. I’m always locked on 97.9 WRMF for the best variety of 80’s, 90’s and today’s music. Check them out www.wrmf.com.

    ReplyDelete